Monday, August 16, 2010

I am not a love, peace and jingle bells Metaphysician!!!!

I have a kneejerk reaction to someone I have met for the first time, who barely talked to me, who doesn't know me at all - giving me a goodbye hug and saying she felt like she'd met a soul sister.

Ugh. Yeuch.

How unreal can you be?

I understand that sometimes you meet someone for the first time and you just click. You talk for ages and it's a great meeting of the minds. You are both joyously feeling like you've met someone great. But this was bullshit.

This is a airy-fairy 'spiritual' style doesn't work for me.

My issue with it is that I played along with it??!

I met this person who I was keen to meet, as I'd heard about her and apparently she was keen to meet me. Someone spiritual where we live - new people - same interests. Excellent. However, she barely talked to me and she might have asked me all of 2 questions about myself. I asked her things for a while and I felt like I was holding a gun to her head to answer me. In the end, I gave up. I realised that I had made a good effort and there no was no conversation flow or interest there at all.

Okay, sometimes that happens.

But then to do this soul sister thing at the end and I went along with it!!! That is just awful. What made me DO that? Again, that insidious politeness thing? Bloody ridiculous! If I get anymore unreal - I won't have to worry about losing weight - I'll be a cardboard cutout of myself and have no substance to me anyway!

The whole 'love, peace and jingle bells' branch of metaphysics just doesn't work for me. I have met a few people in my time, who do this and you can FEEL the peace and serenity coming off them. But most people in this branch of mets. come across as airy-fairy not real people. Who don't deal with their emotions or anything else for that matter because they are so busy trying to be love, peace and jingle bells. It's bullshit.

I guess in a weird way, I"m a 'practical' metaphysician. I don't mind waving fairy dust around if it produces results. But otherwise, it is fun but not real for me.

I have always been like this in metaphysics. Years ago when I was first starting out, I used to read with a bunch of women I called the White Witches. They taught me all sorts of great things like channelling and how to read and be connected to Guides etc. We used to read different modalities to keep ourselves in practice and we used to read tea leaves which are a good way to get into straight energy reading, rather than interpretive reading. i.e. this is the 3 of hearts, so there is some heartbreak here type of thing.

One of the women there occasionally got sick of our leader Susies airy-fairyness. Susie was the original version of Madame Zelda but had good knowledge to pass on, if you know what I mean. Every so often we would read tea leaves and Rhonda would go nuts with the 'spiritualness' of things and read things like: "Oh my god.... oh my god... you won't believe what I see in this teacup... " We are all crowding in now, waiting on baited breath for her words of wisdom. She's then say: "Oh my god.... I see.... (pause0 tea leaves in this cup." Then she'd triumpantly put the cup down and look at all of us.

I'd usually burst into laoughter and Susie would get all bristly and offended that Rhonda was NOT taking this seriously!!!

But I understood what Rhonda was getting at and what she was doing. And she was probably what I'd call a 'practical' met as well. I want my metaphysics to work and produce results - otherwise what's the point.

And I want other mets to be real as well - otherwise, what's the point.

And I want ME to be real as well - otherwise, what's the pont.

I certainly am getting the whole BE REAL workout here.

Are we having fun yet? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment